JASON REAL ESTATE respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. JASON REAL ESTATE complies with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 as amended, to the highest standards. Those principles regulate most of JASON REAL ESTATE activities with respect to personal information collected, stored, used and disclosed by JASON REAL ESTATE and are aimed at describing the various ways we collect, hold, manage and use your personal information, and the steps we take to protect that information.
Personal Information that JASON REAL ESTATE collects and holds:
For prospective vendors and purchasers, JASON REAL ESTATE may collect; general contact details, for example home address and telephone number; current property ownership details; proposed or desired real estate details; and your history of real estate sales and purchases.
How JASON REAL ESTATE collects and holds personal information:
The majority of information collected and held by JASON REAL ESTATE is sourced from personal information provided either in person to JASON REAL ESTATE employees, on the phone or online via our JASON REAL ESTATE website. This may include initial correspondences regarding possible sales or purchases of real estate. Additional personal information is sourced from public databases such as Telstra Whit Pages and the Titles Office, State Revenue Office and other publically available information.
The purposes for which JASON REAL ESTATE collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information:
For individuals who appoint JASON REAL ESTATE to Manage or Sell a Property, we will use your personal information for that purpose only.
For individuals who enquire through JASON REAL ESTATE about purchasing real estate, or who attend a JASON REAL ESTATE open for inspection, we will use your personal information for a variety of reason. These include:
• Informing the property vendor about who inspected their property;
• For safety and security of our staff and other inspection attendees;
• Compliance with our obligations under Victorian real estate regulations and legislation;
• To allow JASON REAL ESTATE to provide you with further information on a certain property, or to provide information regarding related properties;
• For any other purpose that you would reasonably expect JASON REAL ESTATE to use or disclose your personal information in the process of executing that purpose;
• For any other purpose specified to you at the time that the personal information was collected.
If you enquire with JASON REAL ESTATE in regard to a Tenancy Application, we will use your personal information to create an evaluation of your application. We may also disclose this information to the property’s landlord in the process of evaluating your Application.
The option for use of anonymity or pseudonym:
Under the Australian Privacy Principles all individual/s have the option to deal with JASON REAL ESTATE through anonymity, or through the use of a pseudonym. This option is revoked in situation where it is impracticable for JASON REAL ESTATE to deal with individual/s who have not identified themselves or who have used a pseudonym. An example of such; a situation is an individual/s who enters into a sale or purchase transaction with JASON REAL ESTATE, or enters a Vendor/s Property or applies for a Tenancy.
How JASON REAL ESTATE secure my personal information:
How JASON REAL ESTATE secure my personal information:
We take all reasonable steps in our effort to protect and secure your personal information. All personal information is stored on secured serves, reducing the risks of misuse, interference and loss. All personal information is protected against unauthorised access, modification or discloser through only allowing access to this information by formally authorised personnel.
Although JASON REAL ESTATE takes all reasonable steps to ensure security of personal information, personal information cannot be guaranteed as secured due to unavoidable inherent risks involved in the electric storage and transmission of this information. We advise that you must take this into consideration when providing personal information.
If JASON REAL ESTATE have collected and held personal information and no longer need that information for any purpose whatsoever, JASON REAL ESTATE will ensure that reasonable steps in the circumstances will be taken to destroy the information or to ensure that the personal information is permanently de-identified.
How an individual may access and seek correction of personal information that is held by JASON REAL ESTATE:
JASON REAL ESTATE must, on request by an individual, provide access to personal information collected and held about that particular individual. JASON REAL ESTATE will respond to the request for access to the personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
When necessary, JASON REAL ESTATE will charge a reasonable amount of time and effort taken to provide the personal information to the individual. This charge will not apply to the making of the request. However, under the Australian Privacy Principles, JASON REAL ESTATE is not required to give requested personal information to the extent that:
• The entity reasonably believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual/s, or public health or public safety; or
• Giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individual/s; or
• The request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
• The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the entity and the individual/s, would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
• Giving access would reveal the intentions of the entity in relation to negotiations with the individual/s in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; or
• Giving access would be unlawful; or
• Denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
• Both of the following apply:
• The entity has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to the entity functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in;
• Giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
• Giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf, an enforcement body; or
• Giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within the entity in connection with commercially sensitive decision-making process.
Whether JASON REAL ESTATE is likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients:
The same applies to disclosure to overseas recipients as to local recipients.
How an individual may complain about a breach of the Australia Privacy Principles:
You can contact JASON REAL ESTATE and be put through to our Internal Privacy Department; Privacy Officer.